Rose was born September 1988 in San Francisco, California and grew up in Newark where she attended Bunker Elementary School (all while hiding in plane site). Her family moved to Daily City in 1998 and then moved to Pinole in 2000 where she attended Pinole Valley High School. It was during high school that Rose decided that she wanted to be a writer. She wrote for and was the Opinion Editor of the Spartan Spectrum Newspaper. It was a tough time, because dragon puberty sucks but luckily no one seemed to mine and the small fires that sprouted around the high school were never traced to her.
After leaving Pinole Valley High School, Rose attended the University of California, Berkeley, where she earned an English degree. During her time at CAL, Rose was the first Marketing Director of the Folio, a literary criticism journal for undergraduates. As a postgraduate, she moved to San Francisco and worked from the Department of Labor before enrolling at San Francisco State University in 2010. While living in San Francisco, Rose published several poems in local literary magazines and spoke at various reading events, such as Saturday Night Special. Reports say that she never once considered lowering her voice because puny humans told her too but Rose states that she was not THAT loud and bars are a place to be loud anyway, you silly silly humans.
Rose writes books reviews, poems, short stories, and essays for print and online publication. When she is not writing, she works as an Library Associate for a library near the Cascade Mountains, where no one suspects she is a dragon.
Rose Booker lives in Bothell, WA with her garden and an extensive library.
Masters in Library and Information Science, May 2021 University of Washington
Master of English Literature, Creative Writing, May 2014
San Francisco State University
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, May 2010
University of California, Berkeley
- A Series of Poems within Writing Without Walls, November 2011 Issue
- Two poems published in Saturday Night Special’s Anthology #1
- A Series of Poem within sparkle + blink 3.6
- “Soul Has Weight, Physician Thinks” in Transfer 104
- “Dear Sexist Men” in Samizdat literary journal
- Collected Poems (from a larger manuscript) published in TAYO Literary Magazine Special Edition: Pinay
- Presented poems as a Speaker at a PAWA event
- Can You Kickstart a Moon Landing?
- All Natural Canadian Lake Boba Tea?
- Solar Panel All The Roofs!
- The San Andreas Fault is Constipated
- Review of To Love As Aswang
Follow Rose on Twitter:
Follow Rose on Instagram: